Our latest community event was the Spring Social on Saturday 26th March
Some pictures from the event:
What we did on the day:
The Spring Social will be dedicated to discussing the local wildlife in our area and how we can support them in our gardens or on our balconies. By making some simple changes in your gardening you can help wildlife thrive in our area. If that is not enough we are offering you a free cup of tea or coffee and a slice of cake.
There will be fun and informative activities for all, young and old such as:
- Mini Talks from Judy Wolfram and Caroline Love of Charlton Community Gardens, Gary Dillion Greenwich Wildlife Advisory Group and Local Councillor, Debbie Joyce, Local resident and ecologist.
- Interesting mini-quizzes
- Make an apple bird feeder
- Pot up a sunflower
- Talk to, Vlad Zamfir, a bee keeper from Charlton House
- Learn about gardening to support wildlife from volunteers at Charlton Community
- Gardens as well as Charlton and Blackheath Horticultural Society
- Seed Exchange (bring any spare seeds you may have to share with others)
- Spring-garden themed Raffle and Tombola (donations welcomed)
- Wildlife Photographic Competition – Entries will be displayed and judged at the event with result at 4.30. For more guidelines on entries and how to submit visit here
There will also be a launch of CCRA Wildlife Watch 2022. This mini Charlton Wildlife Watch will place over the Easter period 11-22 April. We are asking residents to identity any wildlife they can see in their garden or street, send us the details which we will collate and report back on in the next Grapevine. You will be able to pick up spotter guides and instructions on how to report what you see at the event.
For more information, or to volunteer to help on the day email email@example.com or call Jacqui on 07717742886. We would also love donations of spring-garden related items for the raffle and tombola, cakes to offer others on the day, spare seeds to share.